Wednesday 17 April 2013

Lightbulbs and lapbooking along the way....

What a day! My plan after a good day yesterday was to blog all about Chipman's japan lapbook but after today that will have to wait. Chipman was extremely tired today, he didn't want to do much work and was zoning out very quickly from tasks. When my husband and I made the decision to home educate Chipman we knew my love of planning and sticking to it could be a problem. Today was a day that my inflexibility was put to the test! 

My plan was to cover multiples and fractions, it didn't fill me with much joy either, and it was met with rolled eyes. I realised that today would be a day of compromise, maths was not going away but we could look at regular polygons instead and come back to the other stuff another day. Still very little enthusiasm  from Chipman, then I had a light bulb moment. We could lapbook maths! That site I had found with blank lapbooking templates was about to come in very useful! All of a sudden Chipman was ready to go, getting his ruler and pens out and on the fly we started lapbooking shapes. Of course this took longer than I had planned, so tomorrow we will continue it, with enthusiasm and no rolled eyes. That's the plan at least but I'm ready to be flexible!

No comments:

Post a Comment